View Details << Back

'World knows where the epicentre of global terrorism is': India rejects Pakistan's allegations in Jafar train siege case

  India has strongly rejected the allegations levelled by the Pakistan Foreign Office that India was involved in the Jafar Express attack. The Indian government has said that Pakistan should look within itself instead of blaming others, reiterating its previous stand that Islamabad is a bastion of terrorism. MEA official spokesperson Randhir Jaiswal said, “We strongly reject the baseless allegations levelled by Pakistan. The entire world knows where the epicentre of global terrorism is. Pakistan should look within itself instead of pointing fingers and blaming others for its internal problems and failures.”

Earlier on Thursday, Pakistan Foreign Office spokesperson Shafqat Ali Khan had claimed that the insurgents involved in the Jafar Express attack were in touch with ringleaders in Afghanistan.

Shafqat Ali Khan said during his weekly press briefing, "India has been involved in terrorism in Pakistan. In the particular attack on the Jafar Express, the terrorists were in touch with their handlers and ring leaders in Afghanistan."

The Baloch Liberation Army (BLA) had claimed responsibility for hijacking a passenger train in Pakistan's Balochistan province, in which 50 hostages were killed in retaliation for a military offensive by the Pakistani army. The train, carrying over 400 passengers, was attacked by armed separatists who took over 200 people hostage.
  LATEST UPDATES